Introducing Harvesting Clouds@20aman Apr 01, 2016
Harvesting Clouds is a blog about all things Cloud. Be it Private Cloud or Public Cloud, I will try to cover various aspects of both.
My key areas of interest in Private Cloud include the following:
- PowerShell Scripting
- Windows Azure Pack or WAP
- Service Management Automation or SMA
- Azure Stack
- System Center Orchestrator
- System Center VMM and other products like Service Manager, Ops Mgr, etc.
In addition to the Private Cloud the areas of interest in Public Cloud are:
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services - both IaaS and PaaS
- Azure Automation
- Desired State Configurations
- Application Insights
- Azure Web Apps
- Web APIs
- Azure Site Recovery and Backup
- Migrations from Private to Public Clouds
Common Areas & Best of both worlds
I have also been involved in creating Hybrid clouds leveraging the best of both worlds. I will try to share my knowledge on this with you. The key aspects in this area are:
- Building Hybrid Solutions
- Developing Web or Desktop Applications targetting either or both the clouds (using MVC, Dot Net)
- Using TFS Online, Visual Studio, GitHub to better collaborate and work in an automated fashion
- Release Manager to automate your release workflows
As you must have guessed by now, the primary focus for this blog will be Microsoft Technologies. We will also explore beyond this and will be talking about various emerging open source technologies and the new Better Together world with the amalgamation of various technologies in one solution.
I invite to take this journey with me! Keep learning!