Azure for AWS professionals - Index@20aman May 14, 2020
This is the Index for the series regarding Microsoft Azure and Amazon's AWS services comparisons. This series takes a very practical and hands-on approach (rather than just focusing on the theory). You don't need to follow all the blog posts. You can only check the ones where you want to draw the comparison or check how to work with specific services.
If you are well versed with one platform this series is to cross-train you on the competitor platform. The intention is to know the pros and cons of each platform and begin with the basic services. You need to know the competition well before you can advocate any platform.
Disclaimer: I am a Microsoft Azure MVP and a bit biased towards Azure. I make every attempt to view both platforms impartially and list pros and cons as they are without any personal opinions.
Note that this Index is updated regularly as more posts are added around this topic.
Virtual Machines vs EC2 instances
- Creating Azure Virtual Machines
- Monitoring of Azure VMs
- Boot Diagnostics of Azure VMs
- Azure VM Insights
- Backing up Azure VMs
- Protecting Azure VMs
- Creating Batch account
- Creating Batch Pool in an Account
- Creating Job in the Batch Pool
- Creating Tasks in a Batch Job
- Creating Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) - Part 1
- Creating Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) - Part 2
- View Running Instances in VMSS
- Updating the Scaling policies of VMSS
- Viewing the Run History of VMSS
- Creating Azure Storage Account
- Data Transfer Options
- Event driven automation of Azure Storage accounts
- Securely Accessing Storage Accounts
- Configuring Firewall and vNet access on Storage accounts
- Geo Replication on Storage accounts
- Creating Virtual Network
- Working with Virtual Networks (vNets) and Subnets
- Service Endpoints
- Creating Network Security Groups (NSGs)
- Creating rules in NSGs and assigning NSGs
- Using Service Tags to define rules in NSGs